NAPA VALLEY WRITERS IS NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS TO OUR 2021 ANTHOLOGY!
Napa Valley Writers (NVW) is inviting submissions for original, unpublished works in fiction, poetry, and creative writing.
Guidelines for submissions:
- You must be a current member of Napa Valley Writers. To become a member, visit napavalleywriters.net, hover over the Joining tab, and click “New Members Join. Our club is currently offering a membership special. Persons submitting to the club’s 2021 anthology, who are not current club members, need not join for the current year but must pay next year’s (July 2021-June 2022) dues in advance. Those dues are $45.00 plus $20.00 initiation fee (plus PayPal fee if choosing to pay online). Those new members will not be reported to CWC until July 1, 2021.
- There is a limit of two submissions, either in a single genre or across genres. No untitled submissions will be accepted.
- All submissions must be in 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Maximum length for poetry is 50 lines, single-spaced
- Maximum length for fiction and creative non-fiction is 2500 words, double-spaced
- All submissions must be attached with a .doc or .docx format. Each submission must be in a separate file without any identifying information except title
- In a separate cover sheet attachment, please include your name, submission title, genre of each submission, phone number, email and bio up to 50 words.
- Email submission(s) and cover sheet to: email@example.com
- All submissions must be emailed by the deadline of June 1, 2021
Fiction will be evaluated on:
- Creativity, use of literary devices
- Character development
- Plot development
Poetry will be evaluated on:
- Clear speaker’s voice, point of view
- Effective word choice
- Use of simile, metaphor, imagery
- Rhyme not forced or contrived
- Skillful mechanics/word order
Creative nonfiction will be evaluated on:
- Organization of body
- People referenced or quoted
Anthology Rules for Submission and Acceptance 2021
Rubric– use it for each submission, take notes and submit notes to the section editor.
Those notes come to the managing editor.
Rules for Acceptance
1 or 2 are accepted.
-1 no corrections, a few typos.
-2 some corrections or typos, sentence structure, spelling.
If a person does not follow directions completely, automatic rejection, except if they forget to send a cover letter.
Deadline – May 1st for all submissions (this may change).
This also includes the naming of the anthology.
Submissions must be kept track of by the section editor.
and managing editor; you do not have to use an excel spreadsheet,
but it should be clear and legible.
All work is to be done by the person submitting their work.
Section editor will keep track of corrections.
Napa Valley Writers 2019 Meritage Anthology